OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
December 9 - December 13, 2013 www.myolph.com
"The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
· Monday, December 9--Corn dog, macaroni and cheese, steamed cabbage, fruit, milk
· Tuesday, December 10--Spaghetti, salad, applesauce, milk
· Wednesday, December 11--Cheese quesadilla, black beans, salad, tropical fruit, milk
· Thursday, December 12--Chicken sandwich, tri-tater, mixed fruit, pickles, cheese, milk
· Friday, December 13--Fish, cole slaw, squash, fruit, milk
Please attend Mass this weekend with your Parish Priest. "I have waited, waited for the Lord, and he stooped toward me."-Psalm 40
Virtue for the Month of December: "Charity" is the virtue that gives meaning to all other virtues. It is the virtue that leads us to love others without exception as we love ourselves, always seeking what is good in thought, attitude, word, and action and serving others.
Please use extra caution and drive slowly in the parking lots, especially at the archway. Let's keep our kids safe! Thank you, Fr. Jim.
· Saturday, December 7--Breakfast with Santa--7:30 A.M.--PLC and Gym
· Saturday, December 7--Book Fair--school library
· Saturday, December 7--Middle School Dance--7:00-10:00 P.M.--K of C Hall
· Monday, December 9--7/8 Soccer OLPH @ BCA--4:15 P.M.--tournament game
· Monday, December 9--Book Fair--school library--closes at 3:45 P.M.
· Tuesday, December 10--5/6 Soccer OLPH @ Boyd--4:15 P.M.--tournament game
· Tuesday, December 10--Book Fair--school library
· Wednesday, December 11--Book Fair--school library
· Thursday, December 12--Our Lady of Guadalupe--All school Mass--8:15 A.M.
· Thursday, December 12--Book Fair
· Friday, December 13--Book Fair
SCHOOL NEWS: Chatti Gras, Book Fair, Christmas Program, Teacher Gifts, Pennies for the Philippines, Box Tops and Scrip Sunday
Please consider donating an item for the ChattiGras Auction! The online auction will begin January 27, 2014 on Bidding for Good (www.biddingforgood.com/chattigras). All auction items will be visible to everyone who goes online to purchase tickets for the event, as well as the entire Bidding for Good community. If your company would like to be a sponsor or donate an auction item, please contact Cissy West at 423-622-1481 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Fair - The Book Fair will begin on Saturday, December 7th during Breakfast with Santa and will continue through the week of December 13th.
The Christmas program scheduled for Wednesday, December 18th, has been changed to Thursday, December 19th, at 6:00 P.M. in the gym.
Teacher Gifts Made Simple--This year Home and School will again make your Christmas teacher gift buying easier. Instead of parents purchasing individual teacher gifts, Home and School would like for all parents to contribute money towards purchasing gift cards for the entire staff. The monies collected will be evenly divided among all staff. We will be collecting the money until December 9th. Please send in your "gift" to the front office in an envelope marked "Teachers Gifts" and we will take care of everything else.
Pennies for the Philippines--As a Service Project, the third grade is collecting pennies to donate to Catholic Relief Services to help with the efforts in the Philippines following the devastating typhoon. Please donate your pennies. Pennies will be collected from each homeroom until December 17th. We will also accept other forms of money.
Box Tops--While doing all your holiday baking, watch for box tops for education. The box tops can be on green giant, hamburger helper, land o lakes, nature valley, hefty products and several other products. We are also collecting soup labels
Scrip Sunday Sales will be available after the Masses on December 7th and December 8th. Please consider placing an order (using a form in the back of the church) or purchasing gift cards from inventory from this ongoing fundraiser for OLPH School.
SPORTS: Soccer Tournament
The final regular season 7/8 soccer standings are as follows: 1st place - Berean, 2nd place - BCA, 3rd place - OLPH, 4th place - St. Jude and 5th place - Oakwood. The tournament schedule for 7/8 soccer begins on Monday, December 9th at BCA at 4:15 P.M.
The final regular season 5/6 soccer standings are as follows: 1st place - Boyd, 2nd place - St. Jude, 3rd place - Silverdale and 4th place - OLPH. The tournament schedule for 5/6 soccer begins on Tuesday, December 10th at Boyd at 4:15 P.M.