"Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus." Luke 1:31
Wow, December already! I am sure it is my imagination (or my age), but this year seems to be flying by much faster than previous ones. And, because Thanksgiving was late this year, we rolled right into Advent, and December will be over before we know it. So, please take time from your busy schedules to enjoy the Advent season while preparing for the coming of Jesus.
Just as your personal time is going to be busy, the next three weeks of school will be also.
· We begin with first reconciliation for the second graders. It will take place on Thursday evening (December 5th) at 6:00. This will also be the date and time for our Parish reconciliation.
· December 6th is our Virtue mass, and of course, this is First Friday.
· Saturday, December 7th is going to be busy as we have plans for all grades. Breakfast with Santa will be here that morning, and reservations can be made at http://vols.pt/Lw8JDJ. (More information is in the Fanfare and on our website). Also on Saturday is the Middle School Dance held at the Knights' (Council 610) hall at 313 Sylvan. (Again, more information is in the Fanfare.)
· December 12th is the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe. We will have an all school mass on that day. On Friday, December 13th , we will have only the middle school mass.
· December 15th is the deadline to turn in the Angel Tree Gifts. Thank you for your generosity.
· December 18th is the $1 out of uniform day.
· December 19th is our annual Christmas program which begins at 6:00 P.M.
· December 20th is our last day before the holidays. Dismissal will be at 11:30.
The third grade is doing a Service Learning Project and collecting pennies for the Philippines. They are researching and learning all about the country as well as about typhoons. The donations will be collected until December 17th, and it will be turned over to the Catholic Relief Services for the victims.
Good News! We are becoming more technological savvy and are now offering online lunch payments. This is only an option; you may continue to make your payments as you always have. But, if you are interested, here is how it works, and you can do it immediately. The payments are made through your ParentsWeb account. You have the ability to make the payments via a credit card or an eCheck. You do not need to apply or qualify for the service in advance. RenWeb charges convenience fees for Pay Now, and these fees are applied to each transaction Charges for eChecks are $0.85 per payment, and credit card payments are 3.75% of transaction amount. Master Card, Discover, and American Express are accepted. Visa does not allow any school to charge parents credit card convenience fees.
Chatti Gras is February 15th, and tickets are now on sale. This is a great time for all and a big fundraiser for the three Chattanooga Catholic Schools. Before January, the price of a ticket is $60, but after the first of the year they go up to $75. I know you all want to join in the fun and attend; so, save some money and buy your tickets early. I hope to see all of you there.
Your sons may have come home yesterday talking about wrestling opportunities at Notre Dame. The Notre Dame coach came and talked to all boys from 1st-8th grade, and he gave out information. If you are interested, but need more information, do not hesitate to call Notre Dame; the coach's name is Nathan Wehunt.
As we enter the end of the first half of the school year, the middle school students may be having exams in some of their classes. Ask your student/s about them; check their planners; and check ParentsWeb to help keep them focused and prepared.
Finally, I wish you all a wonderful December and a very Merry Christmas. May your year of 2014 be full of God's blessings.